Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Roles that I play everyday



As I am the part of my family and the society, it is very important to play different roles each day as per the requirements. I start playing different roles according to the circumstances since I open my eyes in the morning and it continues till I go the bed late at night. The roles that I play each day, defines the way I see things and the environment I live in. So here are the roles that I must play each day to fit myself to the surrounding.

Role of a Son:
Since I am the only son in my family, it is my greatest responsibility to meet the expectations of my parent. At the moment I live with my mother as my other family members are abroad. So it is my utmost duty to make her feel good and happy. I help her in household works as much as I can; listen to whatever she has to say and share my views with her. At the end of the day when I see her happy I get overwhelmed to be the reason behind her happiness.  But sometimes I get very annoyed by the way she behaves with me. At times she completely forgets that I am a 19 year old boy and start giving me instructions like a 5 year old kid; and this gets to my nerves. But soon I realize that she is doing all this because of her infinite love for me. So I keep quiet and listen to her like an obedient baby.

Role of a friend:
When I am not with my family, then I am definitely with my friends painting my life with the colors of joy, excitement and freedom. I am never sure how I have to act when I am playing the role of a good friend. It is never the same. Sometimes I jump with excitement in their happiness and sometimes when something bad happens with them, I wipe out their tears with one hand and mine with another. Being a good friend of someone means a lot to me. It feels good when they share me every feelings and secrets of their without any hesitation. And those secrets remain zipped in my heart forever, protected by the strong lock of trust that no hammer can ever break.

Role of a student:
As I am in my learning phase of my life, it is very essential to be always open for gaining knowledge. I always try to give out my best in every subject. I am always passionate about getting involved in mass discussion while studying. I respect my teachers and expect for the good response in return. For me it is like winning a battle when my teachers praise me or even call me by my name in front of my friends. When I am in my classroom or in the library with a book in front of me, the vibes of knowledge in the air drives me crazy and always inspires me to work harder; to get the most out of things.

Role of a human being:
This is the role that I have to play every moment of my life without any distinctions. As I am an able man with all my senses working, I always try to give out something to society. Either it may be a small donation to needy or a small support to some social organization, I always urge to be a part of society. I behave nicely with all the people that I come to face with everyday whether they may be well known or completely strange to me.

And at the end it does not matter how many roles I play each day but all that matters is how well I performed them. If I perform my every part pretty well till the end of the day then only my existence as a social being makes some sense.

In the words of William Shakespeare:
All the worlds a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits, and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts. (Shakespeare, n.d.)


No comments:

Post a Comment